Return to AboveSoft Predictor Manual
The "Historical Estimates" tab contains existing past projects from the database (if local, projects are taken from the "History source" folders -Menu/Options/Folders). The projects found in this tab will be considered to adjust the "Template estimation". This new estimation is called "Adaptive estimation", which is an average of the template estimation and the deviation of projects that are already completed (those that have the Actual Duration).
Filtering options (1)
Use these filters to retrieve which projects can be considered to calculate the "Adaptive estimation". These filters are:
- 'Project name' contains: Enter a substring of a project name or one or more words. By specifying the search type (all the words/any of the words/exact phrase) you can have more control on how the filter works. Leave it blank to include every project name.
- 'Project team' contains: Enter a substring of a project team (for example surnames). By specifying the search type (all the words/any of the words/exact phrase) you can have more control on how the filter works (tip: you can select multiple team members by specifying their surnames and "any of the words"). Leave it blank to include every project team.
- 'Components' contains: Enter a substring of components or one or more words. By specifying the search type (all the words/any of the words/exact phrase) you can have more control on how the filter works. Leave it blank to include every component.
Refresh projects (2)
Use this button to retrieve the projects -applying the filtering- or use it to refresh the information of the current projects.
Table of projects (3)
This table contains:
- Project file: Contains the name of the project file. Double-click on one of these files to open the project in a new AboveSoft Predictor instance.
- Date: Date when the project started.
- Template estimation: Days, hours and minutes of the template estimation for each project. This estimation may not be the one chosen as your estimation. However, the actual duration must be compared with this value to adjust the template.
- Actual duration: Actual duration entered by you after the project finished. If this value is empty this field will show a "Click to edit" message. If you click on this message a new AboveSoft Predictor instance will open the project (then click Management Information to edit this value).
- Deviation: Deviation between actual duration and template estimation -relative to template estimation-.
- [*] Select this project to calculate adaptive estimation: Use this field to dismiss the project from Adaptive Estimation. The default is "enabled".
Select all / Deselect all (4)
Use these buttons to select / deselect all the projects in the table of projects.